Clean your makeup brushes
So you know which brushes to use for contouring and which to use for concealing, but did you know that you should be cleaning your makeup brushes regularly?
Washing your makeup brushes should be a regular part of your beauty routine. When you use your brushes, makeup, oil, dirt, and even bacteria can get trapped in the bristles, so while it might seem basic, skipping this step can lead to clogged pores and breakouts.
Luckily, cleaning your makeup brushes is quick and easy and recommended once a week.
Here’s the right way to deep clean your makeup brushes.
coffee body scrub
- Begin by running your brushes under lukewarm water, rinsing out all of the residual makeup. Try to focus on the actual bristles while avoiding the part of the brush where handle meets the head, as this can loosen the glue over time
- Fill a bowl with lukewarm water and a squirt of shampoo, and gently swirl your brush tip in the water.
- Rinse the brush tip under running water once again. Repeat steps two and three until the water runs clear from the brush.
- Use a cloth to wipe your brush clean, reshaping the bristles as you go. Lay your brushes flat on a cloth to dry.
- And there you have it! Your makeup brushes will be as clean a whistle. It’s also worth mentioning that there are specially formulated brush shampoos on the market. A gentle clarifying or baby shampoo will do the trick too though!
Leave a comment